MultiLit is a leading provider of effective literacy instruction in Australasia, and our mission is to ensure all children learn to read. MultiLit publishes a range of education and literacy programs and products and supports these with comprehensive professional development courses for schools and teachers. MultiLit also operates literacy centres, providing tuition directly to students who have difficulties becoming skilled readers, and an online B2C Bookshop.
Recently, MultiLit has expanded its geographic reach, opening new offices in Brisbane (2022) and Perth (2023) with further regional and product expansion planned. MultiLit is investing in its Sales and Marketing functions and will be undertaking several key projects as part of ensuring the infrastructure is in place to support the next phase of the company’s growth.
About the role
The primary responsibility of the Education Sales Consultant role is to drive sales and revenue growth of our programs, resources and associated professional development workshops. This will require developing close working relationships with schools and school systems to actively grow sales with existing customers while also growing MultiLit’ s customer base.
You will be provided with thorough training in the MultiLit programs and resources, and it is expected that you will be able to articulate the benefits of MultiLit products and services when implemented. You will work with the existing business units and in-house Marketing capability to undertake sales activities and campaigns.
It is essential that sales activities are philosophically aligned to MultiLit’s approach to literacy instruction and supports the integrity and reputation of the MultiLit business.
This role reports to the Sales Director and is based in MultiLit’s Subiaco office.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Create an annual territory sales plan based on analysis of current sales patterns and identification of areas for growth.
- Visit targeted schools to promote MultiLit programs and provide customer service support as required.
- Build strong relationships with key decision-makers across schools and school systems.
- Prospect for new schools, update and maintain the MultiLit CRM system, and track engagement with customers in this system.
- Collaborate with other members of the Sales and Marketing teams, as well as other relevant business units, to create and implement sales campaigns.
- Provide feedback to support sales growth across the MultiLit product and services range.
- Attend events and conferences as required, with a view to generating new sales links
- Respond to customer sales enquiries as appropriate, and where required, link customers with relevant internal teams.
- Other duties as required.
- Prior experience working in, or selling to the Education sector (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritise and organise daily tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, dependability and responsiveness.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a collaborative and positive environment.
- Ability to establish rapport, build, and maintain relationships with team members and customers.
- Good knowledge of the primary and high school sector, with ability to learn and grow knowledge in how MultiLit’s programs support teachers and students.
- High-level computer proficiency across of range of applications including Microsoft Office suite and HubSpot (or similar), with the capacity and willingness to learn new systems.
All offers of employment with MultiLit Pty Ltd are subject to staff providing a current Working With Children Check.
To find out more about this great opportunity, please email Matt Maher, Sales Director on [email protected].