The following are the terms and conditions and guidelines of enrolment in MultiLit programs.
- MultiLit programs are intensive and best results occur when you attend all of your scheduled lessons and are on time for your lessons (no make up time can be offered for late student arrival).
- Most programs have a home-reading component and best results occur when this home reading is completed. It is expected that parents/guardians conduct four 20-minute reading sessions at home per week.
- Please be advised that, as part of our Child Safe policy, tutoring bays are under video surveillance.
- Due to the Literacy Centre’s busy timetable, make-up lessons are not possible. Make-up lessons are only available on the rare occasion that the Literacy Centre has to cancel a student’s session or there are technical difficulties at the MultiLit end. Where online lessons are interrupted as a result of technical difficulties at the student’s end, whether at home or at school, make-up sessions may not be possible.
- Upfront payment for all programs is required at the time of booking.
- Your credit card will be debited for any materials that are lost, damaged or not returned.
- The Literacy Centre may substitute tutors at short notice.
- External observers are not normally permitted in MultiLit sessions. All observation requests are to be made to the Literacy Centre Director and MultiLit reserves the right to refuse such requests.
- Literacy Centre staff may observe your child’s sessions for training, quality improvement and behaviour management purposes.
- The Literacy Centre utilises a number of behaviour management strategies such as Positive Teaching. We reserve the right to cancel a program if:
– a student’s behaviour is disruptive to their own learning experience or that of other students;
– a student’s behaviour prevents tutors from teaching;
– a student refuses to participate;
– a student’s behaviour is threatening to themselves or others.
- Literacy Reports are provided after initial assessment and at the end of a ten-week program.
- Feedback about a student’s performance/progress may be obtained verbally from tutors during your child’s scheduled lesson time.
- Whilst all best efforts will be afforded to your child, MultiLit cannot give any guarantees regarding an individual student’s progress or expected outcomes.
- MultiLit has a formal complaints handling procedure and information can be obtained from Reception.
- Parents must be responsible for their children at all times.