- This event has passed.
SpellEx PD Workshop in Macquarie Park, 07 February 2024
7 February 2024, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm AEDT$644.00
The one-day SpellEx Professional Development workshop, delivered in-person by experienced MultiLit School Partnership Consultants, introduces teachers to an explicit, language-based approach to spelling instruction. It provides a thorough overview of the program, its resources and its instructional techniques. Teachers are given practical advice and ample opportunities for practice to ensure the successful implementation of SpellEx at their school, including:
- A brief summary of the research rationale for the spelling approach used in SpellEx
- An overview of the program structure and materials
- Strategies for teaching spelling concepts and tricky words
- The keys to success to effectively deliver the program
- Video observations of SpellEx in action in classroom settings
- Demonstrations and practice activities to consolidate understanding
- How program assessments inform instructional decisions, including differentiation.
Training in SpellEx is compulsory prior to the implementation of the program.
Registrations should be considered tentative until your booking is confirmed. We advise that you do not book any travel or accommodation until this confirmation is received.To log in, click here.
1 Day (6 Hours)