A literacy intervention program for struggling readers
Although the manuals, DVDs and guides included in the MultiLit Reading Tutor Program are very comprehensive and explain how to implement the program in a one-to-one setting, training is highly recommended to give the user the extra confidence to get started.
The MultiLit Reading Tutor Program PD is now available either as a one-day face-to-face PD workshop, or via e-learning modules.
What the workshop covers
- An overview of MultiLit and our philosophy
- An explanation of each of the program’s strands (MultiLit Word Attack Skills, MultiLit Sight Words, and MultiLit Reinforced Reading)
- Hands-on practical exercises in how to deliver all aspects of the program with particular emphasis on Word Attack Skills, Sight Words and book selection for Reinforced Reading
Who should attend?
- School-based primary and high-school teachers (special needs and mainstream teachers)
- School-based teacher aides
- School counsellors
The MultiLit Reading Tutor Program Kit and PD Workshop (face-to-face and eLearning) are available to schools only.
One day (6 PD hrs)
- Detailed notes to take back to your school
- Coffee and tea on arrival, morning tea and lunch
|NSW Education Standards Authority|
|Completing the MultiLit Reading Tutor Program Professional Development Workshop will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.5.2, 3.1.2, 3.2.2, 3.6.2, 5.2.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
|Teacher Quality Institute, ACT|
|This program has been accredited by TQI in 2019. Attendance provides 5 PD hours for ACT teachers.|
Sydney (Macquarie Park, Liverpool), Newcastle (NSW), Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or online
Note: Please refer to the Professional Development Calendar, and if the workshop is not currently being held in your preferred location, please email us. MultiLit will also consider on-site training in your area if you have a large number of staff from your school, or from neighbouring schools, who are keen to be trained.
Please click here for the Price List and Order Form.
3 easy steps to book your place
- Download the Professional Development Calendar to find the next date in your chosen location.
- Complete the PD Registration form with your full details.
- Fax your completed PD Registration form to 02 9888 3818 or email to [email protected].
A MultiLit representative will then be in touch with you by email in due course to provide the details of the workshop. If your order includes a program kit, this will be sent directly to your delivery address.
Please note: The use of MultiLit publications and attendance at professional development workshops is for personal education use in schools with State/Territory accreditation (‘Accredited Schools’). Other commercial use, hiring or lending, or other use as part of any commercial, not-for-profit, or fee-paying program of instruction or tuition not carried out within an Accredited School is strictly prohibited.