MultiLit is a leading provider of effective literacy instruction in Australasia and our mission is to ensure all children learn to read.
MultiLit publishes a range of education and literacy programs and products and supports these with comprehensive professional development courses targeting schools and teachers. MultiLit also operates literacy centres, providing tuition to students who have difficulties in becoming skilled readers.
About the role
We are seeking additional team members to deliver teacher professional development in the use of MultiLit programs and establish partnerships with schools to support the implementation of our programs. School Partnerships Consultants also provide advisory support to school leaders introducing MultiLit programs within their school. This role requires a dynamic person who enjoys public speaking in person and using videoconference. The ideal candidate will be committed to evidence-based classroom practice, have relevant expertise and experience in reading/literacy instruction and have a passion for quality professional development. If this sounds like you then you may like to consider joining a dynamic, hard-working team.
This role will be based at our new Brisbane Centre at Fortitude Valley or our Sydney Centre which is based in Macquarie Park and will be providing professional development and support to schools and teachers throughout Australia.
School Partnership Consultants spend the majority of their time conducting professional development workshops. The following tasks are indicative of the range of activities required for the School Partnership Consultant role:
Professional Development Workshops
- Conduct professional development workshops (in-person and videoconference) in the use of MultiLit programs.
- Conduct in-person workshops at a range of locations across Australasia. Workshops will mainly be conducted at venues in major cities and regional centres and on school premises. Workshops will be conducted at MultiLit premises in Sydney and Brisbane; videoconference workshops will also be conducted from these premises.
- Develop a rapport with workshop participants as they develop their knowledge and confidence to use our programs as intended.
- Encourage workshop participants to become active within the MultiLit communities of practice
Provide advisory support to schools
- Provide advisory support to teachers in person, online and by phone.
- Establish relationships with school leaders requesting workshops for their teaching team.
- Provide ongoing advisory support for program implementation in person, online and by phone.
- Maintain and moderate online communities of practice including Facebook and OpenLearning.
- Maintain accurate records of support and advice provided to schools.
Project and development work
- Collaborate with colleagues to continuously improve our practice.
- Assist with documentation to align professional development workshops and materials with state and national accreditation requirements and professional standards.
- Provide general support to the Training Development Manager and Director: Professional Development and School Partnership
- Service mindset with a focus on building effective relationships with MultiLit’s customer base.
- Undergraduate teaching degree or undergraduate degree in a related field.
- Practical teaching experience working in the literacy field.
- Experience working in schools as a class teacher or in learning support is highly desirable.
- A thorough understanding of the research underpinning effective literacy instruction and assessment.
- A thorough understanding of the Science of Reading
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills including the ability to engage a professional audience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A current driver’s licence.
Highly beneficial, but not essential
- A postgraduate qualification in special education (or in progress).
- Cert IV Training and Assessment.
- Familiarity with MultiLit methodology and practice.
- A working knowledge of the National Curriculum and school culture is advantageous.
- Experience in use of IT in education would be helpful.
All offers of employment with MultiLit Pty Ltd are subject to staff signing a confidentiality agreement and providing a current Working with Children Check or Blue Card Check.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement in MultiLit workplaces. Consequently, candidates must demonstrate full COVID-19 vaccination
Please send through your expressions of interest and resumes addressing the criteria by completing the application from below.
Please note, only those candidates successful in the shortlisting process will be contacted for interviews.
To find out more about the role, please email Kyle Pitt, Training Development Manager at [email protected].