Tackling longer words with confidence
When teaching higher level reading skills, it is useful for the practitioner to have a thorough understanding of the concepts covered and methods implemented.
The Word Attack Skills Extension Program PD Workshop is recommended for those who are new to MultiLit, as well as those familiar with the MultiLit Reading Tutor Program. Although it is not compulsory to attend training, we would strongly encourage attendance at the workshop to ensure that the program is implemented for the greatest effect.
What the workshop covers
- An overview of the MultiLit Word Attack Extension Program and its methodology
- Essential background knowledge and research base
- Step-by-step guide to all the interventions and strategies used
- Opportunities to practise the interventions through application exercises
Who should attend?
- Primary and high school teachers
- Special educators
- Literacy coordinators
- Support Teacher Learning Assistance (STLA)
- Teacher aides
The Word Attack Skills Extension Program Kit and Word Attack Skills Extension PD Workshop are available only to schools.
One day (6 PD hrs)
- Detailed notes to take back to your school
- Coffee and tea on arrival, morning tea and lunch
|NSW Education Standards Authority|
|Completing the MultiLit Word Attack Skills Extension Professional Development Workshop will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.5.2, 3.1.2, 3.2.2, 3.6.2, 5.2.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
|Teacher Quality Institute, ACT|
|This program has been accredited by TQI in 2019. Attendance provides 5 PD hours for ACT teachers.|
Sydney (Macquarie Park), Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
Note: Please refer to the Professional Development Calendar, and if the workshop is not currently being held in your preferred location, please email us. MultiLit will also consider on-site training in your area if you have a large number of staff from your school, or from neighbouring schools, who are keen to be trained.
Pricing and course codes
Please click here for the Price List and Order Form.
3 easy steps to book your place
- Download the Professional Development Calendar to find the next date in your chosen location.
- Complete the PD Registration form with your full details.
- Fax your completed PD Registration form to 02 9888 3818 or email to [email protected].
A MultiLit representative will then be in touch with you by email in due course to provide the details of the workshop. If your order includes a program kit, this will be sent directly to your delivery address.
Please note: The use of MultiLit publications and attendance at professional development workshops is for personal education use in schools with State/Territory accreditation (‘Accredited Schools’). Other commercial use, hiring or lending, or other use as part of any commercial, not-for-profit, or fee-paying program of instruction or tuition not carried out within an Accredited School is strictly prohibited.