InitiaLit Extension PD by eLearning
22 August 2022 - 31 December 2022$225.00
The InitiaLit Extension PD by eLearning course provides detailed guidelines and practical suggestions for extension opportunities in the InitiaLit program. These include what to do for capable students in the whole-class InitiaLit lessons, during reading groups using the Sounds and Words Books and InitiaLit Readers as well as during the Storybook Lessons. It also contains more detailed discussion and analysis of the components of the InitiaLit Extension Sounds and Words Books and the InitiaLit–2 Extension RAD Reading Book.
Topics in this self-paced workshop include:
- Characteristics of capable readers
- Overview of InitiaLit resources
- Extension opportunities in reading groups
- Comprehension and higher-order thinking skills
- Forming and managing extension groups
- Extension opportunities in whole-class instruction
We will reach out to finalise registration within our self-paced eLearning platform generally within two business days of receiving your order.
You must be logged in to purchase this product. To log in, click here.