- Word lists contain harder words that cover a broader range of skills including words with graphemes that have not yet been explicitly taught.
- Vocabulary is explored in greater depth through definitions, examples, as well as synonym and antonym tasks.
- Imaginative and informative passages cover a wide range of topics with links to featured vocabulary. Comprehension tasks include literal and inferential questions, prediction, making personal and world connections, asking questions, retelling, and opportunities to consider ‘big ideas’.
- Discussion activities, followed by a writing task, allow for a deeper understanding of text.
InitiaLit–1 Extension Sounds and Words Book (pack of 6)
- Year 1
- Whole-class program
- For extending capable InitiaLit students
Six copies of the InitiaLit–1 Extension Sounds and Words Book for use during small group rotations after whole-class instruction (each student in the group will need a book). It provides capable readers with extended and enriched reading practice.You must be logged in to purchase this product. To log in, click here.